Celebrate Accident and Smoke-Free Diwali!
Despite safety warnings every year, firework celebrations ultimately end with terrible injuries for people, especially with young children.
Though fire brings huge fun for all during celebrations, to be noteworthy during Diwali, New Year even in Marriage.
Now its time for everyone to celebrate Diwali with family, you can celebrate this occasion in a safe way by ensuring safety for self and others simply by following the Firework safe code and sparkle safety.
Firework Safety Code
Never allow children to handle fireworks alone, always adults should assist children during firework displays.
Lighting fireworks and disposal in a safe way shall be carried out by an adult, children can enjoy the display from a safe distance.
Here some simple steps to celebrate Diwali with a firework display in a safe way:
Only adults should deal with setting up firework displays, the lighting of fireworks and the safe disposal of fireworks once they have been used. Children and young people should watch and enjoy fireworks at a safe distance. Follow these top 10 tips for a safer fireworks party:
- Firework Display must be panned before start-up to make it memorable and enjoyable.
- Before starting the firework display read the instructions carefully printed on the box.
- Ignite Firework in outdoor, ensure a safe distance from huts.
- Keep water buckets / carbonated water nearby to handle fire situation.
- Never try to design your own cracker.
- Always light only one firework at a time.
- Keep your unused fireworks in a closed box at a safe distance from lighting area.
- Keep naked flames such as candles, matches, and cigarettes away from the fireworks
- Never go close to the firework once it is ignited.
- Never re-ignite malfunctioned firework.
- Check children pocket as they may keep firework in their pocket, never carry firework in your pocket
- Never ignite firework on a fragile component as it can cause cut injury.
- After finishing the display ensure that the surroundings are safe and there is no fire in the vicinity
Sparklers seem colorful, loved by children, however it harmful in terms of temperature comparable to the welding torch.
Sparkler safety Tips:
- Do not give sparklers below 5 years.
- Wear cotton gloves while handling sparklers to prevent injury from temperature.
- Always sparklers at arm’s length.
- Never wave sparklers towards others.
- Never hold the lit sparkler close to the firework kept nearby you.
- Once complete discard the sparkler in the water bucket.
General Safety precautions during firework and Sparkler safety:
- Wear Gloves to prevent exposure to explosive chemicals. these explosives are harmful to humans if ingested.
- Cover your nose using masks or handkerchief to prevent inhalation of smoke.
- Do not keep children nearby to sparkler as the smoke may cause respiratory irritation.
- During lighting firework or sparkler keep your face away from the display.
- Never look onto the sparkler fire continuously as it creates infrared rays which may strain your eyes.
- Wear Transparent plain spectacles to prevent eye trauma.