The level 2 award in fire safety is targeted for a person involved in the management of fire safety in any workplace. Whereas, this qualification is designed for professional includes managers, supervisors, team leaders, fire wardens (marshals), ERT members and staff working any environment where there is a potential risk of fire. Moreover, learners acquiring this qualification will experience that fire safety is the responsibility of everyone in the workplace.
In other words, learners will recognize the consequence of a fire in any workplace and the ways to control fire.
On successful completion of this the learners will be able to:
· Carry out their designated duties relating to fire safety as well as emergency procedures at the workplace.
· Advise on legislation on fire safety in the workplace.
· Help in developing safety management system.
· Identify the principles of risk assessments.
· Develop the emergency procedures upon fire.
· Admit knowledge on hazards and promote risk control methods.
Level 2 Award in Fire Safety Principles covers the Fire Triangle
- Common causes
- Fire spread methods
- Active and Passive Protection methods.
- Understand the hazards and risk associated with fire in the workplace.
- Understand how fire risk is controlled in the workplace.
- Understand the principles and practice of fire safety management at work.
- Understand the role of the nominated fire warden.
Level 2 Fire safety, gives a sound knowledge about the basic fire safety principles and the precautions required to protect fire in the workplace.